Refugium

Slatkid96

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an order of copepods, phytoplankton and Marinepure pods being delivered today.
I ordered some red ogo to use as my micro algae but that won’t be here until Monday. My question is, will it be ok for me to get the copepods, marinepure cubes and the phytoplankton into my refugium and then add in the red ogo on Monday when it gets here?

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sure you can
What’s Marinepure pods?

OP
OP
S

Slatkid96

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are the cubes I was talking about

Attachments

• A7B492CF-6CBA-4C67-B0AE-D48591BEC1A5.png
    A7B492CF-6CBA-4C67-B0AE-D48591BEC1A5.png
    564.9 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
S

Slatkid96

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You sure can.

You can also add your Pods to your tank as well when lights are off and allow them to populate your rocks.
Will the copepods make it from the refugium, through the return pump and into the tank that way? Or will I need to get another order of copepods to add into my tank? I ordered my copepods (biomix copepods) from algaebarn.com

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the copepods make it from the refugium, through the return pump and into the tank that way? Or will I need to get another order of copepods to add into my tank? I ordered my copepods (biomix copepods) from algaebarn.com
Put most in sump, some in display. Yes some will continually go through return pump into display anyway

OP
OP
S

Slatkid96

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You sure can.

You can also add your Pods to your tank as well when lights are off and allow them to populate your rocks.
How long would you say to not run the tank system to let the copepods settle in. I have read a couple things saying about a week long. Just to keep checking chemical levels during this time.
Would you say this is about how long I should wait, would you go longer or shorter?

Jay'sReefBugs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long would you say to not run the tank system to let the copepods settle in. I have read a couple things saying about a week long. Just to keep checking chemical levels during this time.
Would you say this is about how long I should wait, would you go longer or shorter?
Not sure where you got that info from but it's WayWay off . I breed Copepods as a side hobby . %90 of consumer grade pods are Non- pelagic. Turn the pumps off for 20-30 minutes at lights out is all that's needed for them to get into rock work and substrate

OP
OP
S

Slatkid96

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure where you got that info from but it's WayWay off . I breed Copepods as a side hobby . %90 of consumer grade pods are Non- pelagic. Turn the pumps off for 20-30 minutes at lights out is all that's needed for them to get into rock work and substrate
Thank you so much, I ended up turning my pump back on after about 24 hours, my 2 gobys wouldn’t stop making things cloudy! I couldn’t take it.

Back