Refurbed Tunze items

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over the 20 years of running Tunze USA, I have typically sold the handful of refurbished, demo and discontinued items when we have them either here or on Reef Central. This tends to be awkward and difficult to manage. We are trying something new and now we send these items to someone I have known a long time and really trust and tends to be an expert in used equipment as well as a grower of some very nice corals who I have used for some of my own livestock. Jose Serrano, Always Tanked, ataquariums.com is who will sell such items for us going forward, and I would suggest if you are looking for any used equipment or even some nice SPS frags, give Jose a try. I include a pic of one my favorite acros that I got from him as well, his corals are always healthy and very fairly priced. The purple tipped green acro next to the sunburst cap is one of my favorites as it grows very quickly.
38B7D17E-DFFC-45DB-BD96-6D43B7C0F2A8_1_105_c.jpeg

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Roger,

Would it be fair to say that the Tunze products on the ataquariums.com site have all been previously refurbished by Tunze?

Thanks,
Bob

PS: I think this is a pretty smart move on your part!

PSS: See you in Secaucus on the 26th/26th RAP?

OP
OP
rvitko

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know Jose does get items from other sources and some he refurbs himself or they are simply open box returns from retailers he works with. We did send him a lot of items and everything Tunze I see listed now is from us.

I am not doing any shows this year, it has been a hard road on inventory and catching up and it just doesn't make a ton of sense to promote what I cannot get and owe to backorders. Late this year things should start to get back to normal on inventory and by Spring 2022, I expect we will be back to normal and going to shows again. On our end the factory has been working normally since February and we have added several employees, but right now the supply of raw materials and shipping are still major hurdles to catching up and having stock on hand again.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back