Regal 200 EXT drain question

Nerdist Aquarist

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 12, 2019
Messages
164
Reaction score
126
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a Reef Octopus Regal 200 external skimmer. I'm unsure what my plumbing options are on how to get water exiting from the skimmer back into my sump. Is the exiting water "pressurized" allowing me to run flexible silicone tube up higher above the skimmer body? Or does exiting water just drain via gravity, meaning I'd have to make sure the skimmer is higher than my sump level?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new