regal 200 int

ohana888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi,
what is optimal water height to achieve 1500 lph air draw with the varios 4s? do i need to open both ports of silencer?
thanks!

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi,
what is optimal water height to achieve 1500 lph air draw with the varios 4s? do i need to open both ports of silencer?
thanks!

Thank your question and I sincerely apologize for not responding sooner. I have a request into our support staff to make sure your question is answered factually by one of our experts. I will receive a response today and post your answer ASAP!

Carlos@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi,
thanks!

Per the manufacturer, the optimal water depth for the skimmer that will allow the pump to work at peak performance is 7" to 8.5". We recommend you install the skimmer in 7" of water first and only change it if you need to.

You can find this information on our website under the "More Details" tab in the product page.

OP
OP
O

ohana888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what about the vents on the silencer? is there a benefit covering one or opening 2 (aside from the slight gurgle noise?) does this increase air draw to 1500-1600lph?

BRStv tested air draw was only under 800lph. how can i get air draw to 1500lph?

thanks for info.

Carlos@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what about the vents on the silencer? is there a benefit covering one or opening 2 (aside from the slight gurgle noise?) does this increase air draw to 1500-1600lph?

BRStv tested air draw was only under 800lph. how can i get air draw to 1500lph?

thanks for info.

In order for the silencer to work correctly, you need ONE vent closed while the other one is open.

Please know that unlike 3rd party companies, the manufacturer has tested the pump speed, ability to mix air and water as well as how it matches the body of the skimmer. Without knowing the intricate details of the test conducted by any third-party company, it is hard to tell how they achieved the results and if the results are accurate OR if the results are optimal for a skimmer to run.

OP
OP
O

ohana888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
then what's the purpose of having 2 vents?

is there a way to maximize air draw?

or is it simply to just set water at 7" and forget it?

Carlos@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
then what's the purpose of having 2 vents?

is there a way to maximize air draw?

or is it simply to just set water at 7" and forget it?

Covering the two vents is what makes it a silencer. Similar to a muffler. If you cover both vents, you choke the skimmer. If you leave them open, then the skimmer works great but it can be loud. Covering one vent makes the sound go down but does not completely block the air intake.

The only way to maximize air intake is to reduce the airline obstacles by removing the silencer but if you do that, the skimmer will run louder than normal. If you have the skimmer in a tank room, then it probably will not make a difference but if you have it in a living area of the house, then you may not have a choice but to leave the silencer ON.

The manufacturer of the pump, who also makes the body of the skimmer, has done extensive testing on the matter and they have come to the conclusion that running the skimmer at 7" deep with the silencer installed and one vent closed produces the optimal amount of foam.

Most people install the skimmer and let it be.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have one of the silencer holes I taking air from outside and one sucking from a co2 scrubber so ur saying this is wrong?

OP
OP
O

ohana888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$5 parts from HD and 5 mins of labor

9A5DC937-3FD3-4710-A059-9667BB3EC311.jpeg

OP
OP
O

ohana888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey carlos,
can i upgrade the 200INT to use a varios 6S pump? Do i need new fittings?
thanks!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 73 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back