Regal angel special needs?

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True, but I'd thought cyanide poisoning would've manifested by now after so many months. It's already difficult to determine where a fish came from...
I think thats an indo, if I remember right Indos are the gray belly variant

OP
OP
A

Alpha_and_Gec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah Ive had two online. First was from reefbeauties. Harder to get eating but finally did, lost it in the electrical issue I had so not sure how it faired long term. The one from WWC is so bright and active and ate day 2! I would recommend them for a regal for sure. Biota is great since they are captive bred! Never had them when I finally saved enough for a regal so I went for WWC
Oh, shoot. World Wide Corals isn't actually that much more expensive!
Well, I guess it is... but compensates for gas prices. Easy to get a free shipping too.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, shoot. World Wide Corals isn't actually that much more expensive!
Well, I guess it is... but compensates for gas prices. Easy to get a free shipping too.
Yeah thats why I went with them and they have them from different parts of the world. I love my orange belly red sea, so vibrant and for sure that “show fish” everyone talks about in their tanks!

OP
OP
A

Alpha_and_Gec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to wait for some more professional opinion on the topic... it's surprisingly hard to match 240 bucks on WWC. I might just stick to something cheaper and big locally.

OP
OP
A

Alpha_and_Gec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t see any on WWC site.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So he's only had it for a few weeks himself, but he had acquired it from another reefer, so it's a third - hand fish. It currently eats pellet and mysis. The previous owner had it for roughly 4 - 6 months, but it fought with the other regal so it had to go.
Would changing hands three times be too much for a regal? Or has he been good for long enough?

Well, after that length of time, the cyanide issue is not a factor.

Bouncing from one tank to another is of course stressful, but nowhere as stressful as being caught in the ocean and then travelling through the fish supply chain, where they spend literally days in plastic bags and got through perhaps 6 stops in two weeks.

The video shows it eating pretty well - about as good as they ever do. The fish also has good body mass.

Jay

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back