Regal angel tips?

Bigevill1

Big and Evil
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS got the first regal angel I have ever seen for sale in the area in the 10+ years I have been in the hobby. It just came in tuesday, and isnt eating yet, but it is big, fat, and looks extreemly healthy. What tricks do you guys have out there to get this bad boy to eat? if the store cant get him to eat in the next week they are going to cut me a deal to take him home and see what I can do figuring he would maybe be more likely to eat in my 210 reef than in their 75 gallon holding tanks. If they can get him to eat there, well then there isnt much of an issue. Either way it is being held for me. Thanks for the help!

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Bigevill1

Bigevill1

Big and Evil
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually do not have it yet. It is still at the LFS and they are going to try to get it to eat there for another week before I decide what I am gonna do. If it still isnt eating then they may cut me a deal to bring it home and do my best.

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mike i have one of those toms hatch and feeders here if you do get it. ive never set it up nor tried it so i dont know how well it works.

Diamondsinthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get it in your reef sooner than later. It will help to be in a bigger tank with its natural surroundings. Sometimes this alone is enough to stimulate a feeding response. Once they start eating its hard to feed them enough. They're pigs. It's also usually better to get them as juveniles instead of adults. I've gotten most mine as juveniles and a couple as adults. Get him in your tank asap for the best chance. Good luck

OP
OP
Bigevill1

Bigevill1

Big and Evil
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I was kind of wondering about that. I was worried that all of the activity from my other fish might freak him out abit, but that doesnt really make sense does it? Maybe I will try to get him this weekend.

Bill, I would love to borrow that from you when I bring him home. They are holding it for me.

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I was kind of wondering about that. I was worried that all of the activity from my other fish might freak him out abit, but that doesnt really make sense does it? Maybe I will try to get him this weekend.

Bill, I would love to borrow that from you when I bring him home. They are holding it for me.

sure thing do you need an airpump for it also? i think i got one laying around somewhere you can also borrow :D

el richie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry to bring this thread back up, but did you end up getting the regal??? how's it doing???

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back