Regal tang in bad shape

ljwillyl

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 30, 2025
Messages
24
Reaction score
28
Location
Bedfordshire
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, i added a regal tang to my tank about a week ago now. At first my foxface was really bullying him so i turned off the lights until the next morning, he seemed to be doing well swimming peacefully with the other fish (foxface, brown sailfin, 4 clowns) until today I noticed he is hiding Alot breathing heavy is losing colour down one side and appears to have an exposed bone on the side of his rear fin and some of the fin at the bottom seems damaged. I cant see any aggression from the other fish, can someone please help.
1000065005.jpg
20250831_160922.jpg
20250831_160912.jpg
 
Hi all, i added a regal tang to my tank about a week ago now. At first my foxface was really bullying him so i turned off the lights until the next morning, he seemed to be doing well swimming peacefully with the other fish (foxface, brown sailfin, 4 clowns) until today I noticed he is hiding Alot breathing heavy is losing colour down one side and appears to have an exposed bone on the side of his rear fin and some of the fin at the bottom seems damaged. I cant see any aggression from the other fish, can someone please help.
1000065005.jpg
20250831_160922.jpg
20250831_160912.jpg

Really tough to diagnose without a clear view of the entire fish. Posting a video under white lights on YouTube works best.

If you saw the foxface threatening it while you were standing there, my guess would be that it really went after the tang when you weren’t in the room.

Can you put in a tank divider or move the tang to an isolation tank?
 
Really tough to diagnose without a clear view of the entire fish. Posting a video under white lights on YouTube works best.

If you saw the foxface threatening it while you were standing there, my guess would be that it really went after the tang when you weren’t in the room.

Can you put in a tank divider or move the tang to an isolation tank?
Hi thanks for your response.

I dont have a quarantine tank currently would I be okay to put the regal in my sump for some time? Until I can source a divider?
 
Hi thanks for your response.

I dont have a quarantine tank currently would I be okay to put the regal in my sump for some time? Until I can source a divider?

Tough to say - if there is enough swimming space in the sump and not too much crashing water, it should be ok.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new