Reintroducing Myself! :) (North Alabama)

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome_zps7dd338d3.gif

ectoaesthetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
None of us stay away for long... :) My wallet wishes I could. Four years is a big break, but not a ton has changed in that time. It's not like you missed the transition to LEDs, heck most of the products are still the same -just maybe the new gen of the same thing.

Welcome back yo!

OP
OP
EmilyXLC

EmilyXLC

Charisma +10
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
None of us stay away for long... :) My wallet wishes I could. Four years is a big break, but not a ton has changed in that time. It's not like you missed the transition to LEDs, heck most of the products are still the same -just maybe the new gen of the same thing.

Welcome back yo!

Thanks, love! If much hasn’t changed, I just have to rely on my memory, so either way, we are in trouble!

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck with your new setup. Stick to the facts and you will do fine. Make BRStv a reliable source for information. We all pretty much enjoy their videos and do our own takes with what they give us.

adestafi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi EmilyXLC! Im herein huntsville, too. Which LFS did you visit? The guys at Aquatic Cove are very helpful, particularly with the fish, but id avoids their corals... they dont seem to last long in their frag tanks.

OP
OP
EmilyXLC

EmilyXLC

Charisma +10
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi EmilyXLC! Im herein huntsville, too. Which LFS did you visit? The guys at Aquatic Cove are very helpful, particularly with the fish, but id avoids their corals... they dont seem to last long in their frag tanks.

It was Aquatic Cove. I have only dabbled in corals once, so sadly I don’t know what to look for as much as everyone else does. Their livestock & setup was lovely, though!

I know there’s a fish store near the Parkway but when I went there a few years ago (pre-Aquatic Cove) I was sorely disappointed. Are there any other shops I’m missing? I was a long term John Newby’s client but his shop has been gone for like 6 years now. :(

GWHouston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back Emily...hope you will attend this months club meeting @Monkeynaut's place. I'm 50/50 to make it but my wifes birthday is Sunday so not sure we will be up there. Since you know where Aquatic Cove is located, the meeting is in the houses behind it. Look forward to meeting you next month.

GWHouston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was Aquatic Cove. I have only dabbled in corals once, so sadly I don’t know what to look for as much as everyone else does. Their livestock & setup was lovely, though!

I know there’s a fish store near the Parkway but when I went there a few years ago (pre-Aquatic Cove) I was sorely disappointed. Are there any other shops I’m missing? I was a long term John Newby’s client but his shop has been gone for like 6 years now. :(
There is suppose to be a great store in Nashville called Aquatic Critter. Haven't been there but plan to one day when I start stocking the tank. Not that far a drive for us for the right pet.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 133 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%
Back