Reliable doser

Sharvey103

ReefAddicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used both the bubble magus and the jebao. I had problems with calibration and head reliability on the bubble magus within 6 months. I went to the jebao which is a stand-alone 4 head dosing pump that is much more cost friendly and easy to setup and calibrate and has been very reliable. It has been running 11 months so far with no issues.

bubblemytip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would recommend buying a spare of every component, including dosing pump motors if anyone opts for a GHL. Expectation v reality is sadly not that good. Factor the price of spares and replacement parts in for ANY purchase, whether you choose GHL or another brand.

For an unbiased perspective and insight into GHL's response to faulty product, see here:
https://www.reef2reef.com/index.php?threads/Squeaky-GHL-doser-2.1.304255/

Darwin stinton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got 3 BRS 1.1 dosers and when i test them at ten minutes at the exact same time they all very. 1.9ml, 1.2ml, 1.6ml. was what i got today. I wouldn't recommend them and it hurts me to say that as I Love BRS.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dsc01914-12360.jpg

Here is a peristaltic pump I use at work.:)

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the coral box with WiFi .. and I love it !! Can highly recommend it.. I paid 165 euros for mine

Willy315

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got 3 BRS 1.1 dosers and when i test them at ten minutes at the exact same time they all very. 1.9ml, 1.2ml, 1.6ml. was what i got today. I wouldn't recommend them and it hurts me to say that as I Love BRS.
Mine are the same way. I see no fault in this. I just adjust my calculations based on what the doser actually puts out.
Here is a link for a great dosing calculator for using these pumps with an Apex. https://www.reeftronics.net/adpg/dosingcalc.php

Shigshwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I know that my BRS dosers don't put out 1.1mL a minute as they claim, they are actually 1.6mL/min, but I've never had them stray from this amount, that's strange.

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using a Jebao for a over year now, with no issues. I calibrate it every 6 months. I'm just dosing ALk & CA and keep just enough in the tanks so if it failed and stayed on it wouldn't cause a massive spike. I do have to replenish the tanks weekly but it's piece of mind just in case.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 49 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back