Remember LIVE Rock?! Check it out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

debutis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had many people ask us over the years(mostly local) if we could source them some REAL live rock. With Fiji, and Tonga shut down, I haven't seen real live rock in years!
All that has changed! We finally managed to get a few boxes in(as a trial) from our Aussie suppliers. This rock is AWESOME! If you're looking for some unique, REAL live rock - look no further!
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg
image4.jpeg

Overboard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What a good surprise!

Do you know how it gets to you from down under? I think that live rock used to come air freight and kept wet with newspapers. It really stunk, but it was great!

OP
OP
debutis

debutis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This all came in via Air Freight - which is the majority of the cost of the rock at the retail level.
It comes in covered with the wet newspaper and stinks, but the quality on this stuff far exceeds anything I remember from Fiji. The rock isn't as porous either, so the likelihood of pests seems to be much less.

EMeyer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That rock looks absolutely amazing. Like actual live rock. I was starting to think it was gone forever!

OP
OP
debutis

debutis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh it's real alright! A lot of the shelf pieces are not terribly old tabling Acro colonies that are all filled in and solid! It's beautiful stuff!

CapAquaATX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve not been able to source any kind of real rock in years and this stuff is awesome. Good coralline coverage, no real evidence of macro algae (showing it came from a more lagoon environment), and not a lot of sediment or die off.

I love the artificial rock but you can’t beat the biodiversity you introduce with the real stuff IMHO

SebastianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had many people ask us over the years(mostly local) if we could source them some REAL live rock. With Fiji, and Tonga shut down, I haven't seen real live rock in years!
All that has changed! We finally managed to get a few boxes in(as a trial) from our Aussie suppliers. This rock is AWESOME! If you're looking for some unique, REAL live rock - look no further!
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg
image4.jpeg
Do you have anymore of this

OP
OP
debutis

debutis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We do have some left! Are you local or looking to have it shipped?

Bluedore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested, but don’t see any live rock selection on your site.

kritquilt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need enough for 250 gallons and live in Houston...Can u ship or would we need to drive over. How much would I need ( growing frags in these two 112 gallon tanks) and what is cost?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back