Remember to ‘De-Crab’ New Cultured Acropora

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s safe to say that the global reef aquarium hobby is collectively elated to get their hands on fresh new cultured corals, including some of the exotic and exciting strains from Bali Aquarium. The Indo Acropora in particular are exciting because they include a wide variety of species which are only known from Indonesia, more […]
Source

Continue reading...

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why don’t you just say what you have to say on the forum?

Last edited:

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn’t typical dips remove these? I’ve had these come in on LR. Such a pain. But I’ve got some recent farmed Indo acros and milles got me worried now if they really are that common. I’ve dipped and seriously, I hate double dipping.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn’t typical dips remove these? I’ve had these come in on LR. Such a pain. But I’ve got some recent farmed Indo acros and milles got me worried now if they really are that common. I’ve dipped and seriously, I hate double dipping.

those things are tough little buggers, I’m still catching them from a batch of live rock I purchased a year and a half ago.. lol

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
those things are tough little buggers, I’m still catching them from a batch of live rock I purchased a year and a half ago.. lol
I had to break down a whole tank due to them. Losing 100% of fish and inverts gets old after awhile. And they’re so small.

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my little acro crab! Stark white with blue eyes and a little black stripe over the eyes. Hardest working thing in my tank. He has some serious OCD though always keeping his house clean. He came with this little tree looking acro about a year ago and has been very beneficial (I guess) if not the coral would be dead by now. Here is his house but he is hiding I can’t ever seem to get a good picture of him. I bought this piece only because it had a crab. Very cool

1F4E9B06-C6F5-4F79-807F-FF9F60568BC0.png

tweeter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's not interested in furthering the hobby. He is interested in advertising dollars, that's it.
I'm glad he writes article for the hobby! They are always interesting, and I have learned a lot from them! Kudos to him!!!!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back