Remote WiFi controlled outlets?

erzwire

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i integrated my apex with smartthings with a zooz relay connected to the break out switches. if the fire alarm goes off, smartthings will go into emergency mode and trigger the emergency mode on the apex. so potentially saving the skimmer from sucking in any smoke, also use zwave leak sensors to shut down the tank. a little different than using the controllable outlets, but i did use them before i went apex and had no reliability issues

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use them. I have one that controls my sump light and is linked to my google home. This was so i can voice turn on and off the lighting in my sump while i tinker in there.

The shape does take up a little more that one slot depending on the plug size. See picture. The others run lights in different areas, even the christmas tree. They have worked good sonfar and are a good price.

20180114_113525.jpg
I use similar just the whole strip is smart. Cost £20 and all sockets individually controlled. Handy at feeding as several device needs to be off and than on while feeding.
Details here https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/the-heater-failure-build.783559/#post-8447480

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TP Link makes these smaller ones

TP-Link Smart Plug Mini (2-Pack), No Hub Required, Wi-Fi, Works with Alexa and Google Assistant, Control your Devices from Anywhere, Occupies Only One Socket (HS105 KIT)

They go on sale for under $40 for the pair.

Expensive for what it is. For £20 you can have the whole strip smart

bluerider098

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a fan of the Kasa switches. I using one of their power strips to maintain equipment on my QT and then various plugs around the house for lights, etc all controllable from an App. So I can check on things away from home etc
Me too. I bought that ones that have energy monitoring to keep an eye on things.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back