Removing a Clownfish

  • Thread starter Thread starter adamfajge
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

adamfajge

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 26, 2008
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
Location
-
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Oscellaris Clowns one large female and one small male and was thinking of taking out the large Female. I am hoping the BiColor Blenny and Flame Angel start eating the frozen food. I have seen the Clown chase the Blenny. The Blenny and Angel both just pick at the rock so they are eating something. Would anyone else remove the clownfish to take a chance that the Angel and Blenny will be more comfortable and eat? I could get a new smaller clownfish and hope for the best. I might wait a week though since the Blenny and Angel are new and see if they eventually start to eat. I might get some live brine tomorrow and see if that helps. Keep the mean clown or not? I don't know how long the other fish can live without me seeing them eat frozen. The blenny looks a little thin and has verticle white stripes that come and go.
Thanks,
Adam
 
how long have you had the angel and blenny? When i first added my flame angel it took a week before it would eat anything i gave it. Keep the clown they should come around.
 
Flame Angel

I am gonna wait a week and see if the Flame and Blenny start to eat prepared foods. All types of Frozen I have tried and dried seaweed and has not ate it yet.
Adam
 
Try feeding at both ends of the tank simultaneously. The clownfish can't be both places at once. When I'm spot-feeding corals, I put a big chunk in one end of the tank to give the clownfish something to work on while I feed the corals. Otherwise the little snot will take the food right out of the coral tentacles.
Gary
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new