Removing a large coral

250mixreef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 17, 2015
Messages
151
Reaction score
181
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone recommend a way to cut a large coral off a rock that cannot be removed
I thought to use a hax saw blade and cut it at the base but I'm not sure if that would release any unwanted metals into the tank IMG_20181111_212432.jpg
 
Marc and Duane did some serious chopping on Marc's corals this way. If you haven't seen this, then enjoy.

 
Picked up a saw at HD sawing it rt off at the base posted in the trade forum if anyone's interested
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new