Removing BTA after splitting

  • Thread starter Thread starter hsp
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hsp

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 15, 2023
Messages
220
Reaction score
114
Location
Sydney, Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My BTA has split, and the split part moved to an undesirable location (close to an Acan and a Goni). So, I want to give it away, but how do I get it out of the rocks? I tried pulling a bit but without any luck. Is there a trick? Thanks!
 
I've heard of pointing a powerhead at the nem to get it to loosen up/let go. The main point being to irritate the nem enough that it decides to pick a new location and releases it's grip. If my memory serves me right I've even heard of using a cold spoon held against the nem's foot to get it to release.

This thread also has a method of removing nems that's had a lot of success:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/safe-and-easy-diy-way-to-remove-nems.861213/
 
I take a soft bristle toothbrush and “tickle” the anemone’s foot with it. After a couple of minutes they let go.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new