Removing Hood/Lip on RedSea Max 130D

TheFruitGoon

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 27, 2021
Messages
14
Reaction score
5
Location
ocala
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I was recently given a red sea 130D tank and I've seen a couple different photos of a mod where people have removed the hood and gone rimless with the tank. I really don't want to keep the hood because I would rather use some AI primes for my set up instead of the compact bulbs. Would anyone have any tips or pointers for how to successfully remove the hood and rim?
 
Did you suss it out without destroying yhe lid ,I'm just about to do it
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new