Removing Zoas

  • Thread starter Thread starter DEL 707
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DEL 707

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 6, 2024
Messages
149
Reaction score
38
Location
UK, Kent
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a colony of zoas that is fast out growing its neighbours and is desperately in need of a "trim".

Coral sell (1).jpg


How do I go about getting it off the rock?
Can it litterally be pulled off?
 
I m not sure, but those look like true paly’s too so you will need to take precautions when handling them.
 
i would use a scalpel or a razor and try cut them off as close to the rock as possible.
 
I use Aiptasia X to keep my zoas where I want them.
 
rather than attacking the zoas/palys themselves, my rock was brittle and porous enough that I was able to break off the surface of the rock they were on...lost a couple that I really liked in the process but at least I got rid of all the undesirable ones...used diagonal cutting pliers
 
I use Aiptasia X to keep my zoas where I want them.
Ha! That’s how I exterminated the remaining GSP that I couldn’t otherwise easily remove. With my weekly water changes I inspect the rockwork and I’ll zap a few that occasionally pop up.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new