Renting Aquarium Lights

WhatCouldGoWrong71

TheDryReef
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2023
Messages
3,751
Reaction score
2,772
Location
Memphis
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I know this sounds coo-coo. But, it would be nice if there were a rental option for high end lights. Meaning - perhaps you would have to wait your turn for a couple months. And limits were 3-4 days with the lights. I want to change out my XR30 G5s, my main display has 8 and my 110g Lowboy has 2. Both also have halides and T5s. Even if I could just rent 1 light fixture from my final selections. Buying lights is like a gamble in my opinion. Gamble being will they do what you want for your application. On paper Elon works for me.
 
What would you be willing to pay monthly ?
 
I’m wanting to test a mitra 7206 or the IL, but I assume output the same on the IL and a500. I was seriously considering the ATI Flex, but I simply don’t think that will give the par when compared to where I am now. Running XR30s at 100% for darn near 14 hours shortens their life expectancy a tad bit. I’m going to have to do something soon. I see Quanta has the Reefcrest strips in stock. I can pick up two of them and redeploy some Radions. Again, I may have some par issue in that set up. But, I can stack on some older strips I have to help the cause out.

I simply don’t want to have buyers remorse in 4 months.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new