Replace media tower filter floss holder

  • Thread starter Thread starter necbov
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

necbov

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 24, 2026
Messages
29
Reaction score
19
Location
Greece
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone I wanted to replace my media tower (to remove the gray black and green factory sponges ) and put only filter floss. I found something online and made it to my desired dimensions for my aio 90l tank 3 chambers so I put it in the middle . The problem: too noise and too much bubble oxygen inside the tank from return pump . It’s like raining in my tank and room. (Video bellow) so my question is : can I make a department bellow to add a second filter floss (like silencer) and the flow after the first filter floss be like to the walls ?!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new