Replacement Fleece for a Reefmat from other suppliers

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I emailed with Steve from Precision Converting, nice gentlemen. It looks like the replacement cost from Steve is very attractive. For example, for my 1200 it will be $10 per roll of 50 yards vs 38 yards at $28 from RS for my 1200 and we have different micron options from Steve, I like that since one display o have is having good days vs LCA Dino’s. Steve mentioned that his fleece is on a 2 inch vs The OEM of 1.5 inch inner diameter tubes. He gave me the email of a Reefer who was printing adapters, but he has not responded to me. Is anyone aware of someone printing adapters for this scenario for both the 1200 and the 500? I also wonder if it would really matter if a 2 inch was floating on the 1.5 inch inner tube?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the purpose of this exercise? Purely to save some case, or? :) Just curious, seems like a lot of effort for negligible savings but I'm sure you've done the math better than I have to get to this stage!

Please share your findings, it will be interesting to follow!

OP
OP
W

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What is the purpose of this exercise? Purely to save some case, or? :) Just curious, seems like a lot of effort for negligible savings but I'm sure you've done the math better than I have to get to this stage!

Please share your findings, it will be interesting to follow!
Yeah, to save on consumables so I can spend more elsewhere. I am getting about 18-20 days out of a roll on both the 1200 and the 500. I’m about to quadruple my bioload on the 1200, so I assume that will go even faster. I’d easily switch to $10 a roll vs $30, and get 12 more yards. That’s a no brained to me unlike my recent reagent thread, not worth it there. I also really like that I can drop down to a smaller micron. I am having to blow off my rocks daily to suspend LCA, ensuring I am capturing them in the fleece would be money well spent also.

OP
OP
W

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yeah, to save on consumables so I can spend more elsewhere. I am getting about 18-20 days out of a roll on both the 1200 and the 500. I’m about to quadruple my bioload on the 1200, so I assume that will go even faster. I’d easily switch to $10 a roll vs $30, and get 12 more yards. That’s a no brained to me unlike my recent reagent thread, not worth it there. I also really like that I can drop down to a smaller micron. I am having to blow off my rocks daily to suspend LCA, ensuring I am capturing them in the fleece would be money well spent also.
WIt, that would be money LESS spent would be WELL worth it.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
18-20 days????? OMG, well then I completely understand :eek::face-with-tears-of-joy: I was going through 3-4 in a year..

OP
OP
W

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
18-20 days????? OMG, well then I completely understand :eek::face-with-tears-of-joy: I was going through 3-4 in a year..
3-4 in a year?!?!?!? My mature tank I thought would settle out, it hasn’t, ORP won’t go above 220 with 90 minutes of Ozone a day. If looking at ORP as a state of “cleanliness”, lol. But I know the Dino deal isn’t helping. But, in my 6 month old tank 1/2 the size albeit on the 500, it’s at the same rate. For example, below is roughly 50% the roll in 9 days on the 500, sigh:

Attachments

• IMG_2369.png
    IMG_2369.png
    81.6 KB · Views: 57

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3-4 in a year?!?!?!? My mature tank I thought would settle out, it hasn’t, ORP won’t go above 220 with 90 minutes of Ozone a day. If looking at ORP as a state of “cleanliness”, lol. But I know the Dino deal isn’t helping. But, in my 6 month old tank 1/2 the size albeit on the 500, it’s at the same rate. For example, below is roughly 50% the roll in 9 days on the 500, sigh:
I recently removed my Red Sea 1200 roller- and socks as well to go full triton method with no mechanical filtration! If you have room for a big fuge, it comes highly recommended..

R33f_Hacker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@WhatCouldGoWrong71 I have trigger system plat 39 sump which uses a 10” fleece. I spoke with Steve from precision and he says he has 20,50, or 80 micron rolls. Do you know which you got and how it has worked out. Any suggestions on which to order?

Isaac Alves

www.instagram.com/theloneaquarist/
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I emailed with Steve from Precision Converting, nice gentlemen. It looks like the replacement cost from Steve is very attractive. For example, for my 1200 it will be $10 per roll of 50 yards vs 38 yards at $28 from RS for my 1200 and we have different micron options from Steve, I like that since one display o have is having good days vs LCA Dino’s. Steve mentioned that his fleece is on a 2 inch vs The OEM of 1.5 inch inner diameter tubes. He gave me the email of a Reefer who was printing adapters, but he has not responded to me. Is anyone aware of someone printing adapters for this scenario for both the 1200 and the 500? I also wonder if it would really matter if a 2 inch was floating on the 1.5 inch inner tube?
You need to read through this entire thread:

Post in thread 'Reefmat 1200 (6.5 in) replacement fleece roll hack?'
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/r...cement-fleece-roll-hack.1012804/post-12118802

The roll from precision converting is a very cost effective legitimate resource. I provide pictures and comparisons.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back