Which Fleece Roller ?

DarkReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to get a new fleece roller for my Cade 1800 when I set it up during the next few weeks or so.

On my current tank I've been using a Klir 4" which has been alright, but is very cumbersome to replace the fleece etc.

I was initially thinking RedSea Reefmat 1200 as I like the idea of having detailed information in an app along with notifications if there's issues, along with what appears to be a very simple and quick change over. However, I've noticed that there seems to be issues with the motor burning out pretty quickly so it's got me wondering if there's other/better options.

What are some of your suggestions/recommendations and why ?

Thanks !

Operation Philo Beddoe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to get a new fleece roller for my Cade 1800 when I set it up during the next few weeks or so.

On my current tank I've been using a Klir 4" which has been alright, but is very cumbersome to replace the fleece etc.

I was initially thinking RedSea Reefmat 1200 as I like the idea of having detailed information in an app along with notifications if there's issues, along with what appears to be a very simple and quick change over. However, I've noticed that there seems to be issues with the motor burning out pretty quickly so it's got me wondering if there's other/better options.

What are some of your suggestions/recommendations and why ?

Thanks !
I have a pair of Clairisea SK5000 running for 1.5 years. It’s a tough job, so far so good.

C_AWOL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had my reefmat 1200s since release and other than fleece price and higher micron size (I prefer finer) and they've been nothing but flawless in operation.
Much better than the clarrisea or bubble magus I have in terms of ease of changing and operation ime

Operation Philo Beddoe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen the Clarisea's are fairly popular.
What makes them aa good alternative?
The Clairisea is all I’ve had. The SK 5000 is the bigger one, I buy rolls once or twice a year. BRS had huge deal last week around $27, never seen so cheap. I normally get from Fishtanksdirect.com (Fla) for $29 which is cheapest I’ve found. Reg price is $32-33.

Make sure you love your replacement roll price as much as the rig.

Oh and the Clairisea is now Gen 2 or 3 so lessons learned? But I would never claim changing rolls is easy.
IMG_1396.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
DarkReefer

DarkReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had my reefmat 1200s since release and other than fleece price and higher micron size (I prefer finer) and they've been nothing but flawless in operation.
Much better than the clarrisea or bubble magus I have in terms of ease of changing and operation ime
Appreciate the feedback. It's good to hear you've not had any issues with it.
I guess the ones who have issues are more likely to be the 'louder' ones, but this is exactly why I wanted to get some opinions in here from both people who have them, had them or have something else and what they think of them and why. Helps to get a better all around picture.
The Clairisea is all I’ve had. The SK 5000 is the bigger one, I buy rolls once or twice a year. BRS had huge deal last week around $27, never seen so cheap. I normally get from Fishtanksdirect.com (Fla) for $29 which is cheapest I’ve found. Reg price is $32-33.

Make sure you love your replacement roll price as much as the rig.

Oh and the Clairisea is now Gen 2 or 3 so lessons learned? But I would never claim changing rolls is easy.
Thanks, I'm not in the US so I've never touched BRS and the like anyway so that's all good.

The rolls for both Redsea and the Clarisea appear to be very similar in price and it also seems somewhat similar in price to what I'm already paying for my smaller Klir unit rolls. Though I expect I'll probably go through a bit more than I currently do we'll see!

Jmp998

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look up the dimensions of the base/main chamber. Clarisea appears much narrower and may be easier to fit into a Cade without major sump modification.

OP
OP
DarkReefer

DarkReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look up the dimensions of the base/main chamber. Clarisea appears much narrower and may be easier to fit into a Cade without major sump modification.
I'm fairly sure the redsea can be plumbed directly to the inlet so no modification should be necessary.
Certainly food for thought though!

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've ran clarisea sk5000's for nearly 3 years now on 2 tanks. I do really like them but will say that both my gen 2 units had a screw fail in both after 2 years. This small screw helps turn the motor & doesn't have an easy way to remove once broken. It is not a big deal but was not very user friendly to fix. I finally gave up with 1 unit and bought a Gen 3 for our main display. Either way I do like the way they work, just wish they had a better solution to the issue.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back