Replacement pump recommendation?

elisa h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally don't think you need to be spending over $100 on supplemental flow when you already have an mp40.. I have a hydor koralia 3rd gen pump supplementing my tanks flow it was around $60 and is completely silent and moves a good amount of water especially for the price. I think the extra money could be better spent elsewhere imo.

Reef of Fillory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a jebao pump for my nano, but it pushes a ton of water... even on its lowest settings it is a lot of flow. It has various flow rates and programs.

I haven't had mine long [3 months] but it's working great for me so far with no issues. I paid around $40 for it on Amazon

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a look at warranties with your next powerhead. I was honestly shocked to compare an MP40/60 1 year warranty to a Stream 3 5 year warranty. I just ordered 2 Stream 3's today. I'll be running them on a 220 along with a single MP40 wherever I think it's needed.

A Stream 3 is probably overkill in your case, but I'm giving Tunze a shot to see what they can do.

Sonor

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you don't need the reeflink to use multiple vortech pumps on your system. they just need to all be wireless. the reeflink just gives you a more user friendly interface for controlling the pumps. if all are wireless they find each other and you use the master to control your settings. i have been using 2 on my tank for a couple years and they work great.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a Tunze guy, so of course they are the best for me and I recommend them. If you cannot spend that much on them, look at AquaMedic EcoDrift. They fill a nice spot in between the Chinese Junk and super expensive stuff in both cost, performance and longevity.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 186 71.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 19 7.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 49 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.7%
Back