Replacing old Nuvo 20 with a new one.

Nick Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2019
Messages
2,619
Reaction score
2,491
Location
Daytona Beach
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so we just moved and I decided to purchase a new Nuvo 20G to replace the old 6-7 yr old tank as the old one had scratches and peeling silicone.

Well the new tank comes with two smaller pumps which seem to push a decent amount of water (130gph). Currently I run a sicce 1.0 I believe with rfg. I’m curious if I should keep the two smaller ones instead? I also use two powerheads in the tank. One Nero 3 and one jabeo slw10.

Keep the sicce?
Use two smaller pumps?

Here’s what the tank looks like now.
IMG_4318.jpeg
 
The 2 smaller pumps are honestly kind of underwhelming. I only use one but Im getting ready to upgrade mine to the mighty jet that comes with the pro or something similar.
I have the other outlet modified running a RUGF with a small nicrew internal filtered pump is why im only using one.
I would vote to use your larger pump and Y them together.
 
In my experience, the stock pumps that come with the basic IM desktop kits like the 20L are anemic. I'd stick with what you have now, it seems to be working for you.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new