Replacing Plumbing

Haleyscales00167

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon everyone,
I just got back from my deployment and after discovering first that my canister filter that sits along side my sump was shocking my tank I also discovered that my tank has been slowly leaking from all the salt creep that has been happening while I was deployed. I have been wanting to replace all of my plumbing anyway so I guess it’s a good time to go ahead and do that. Haha. But trying to figure out everything I need so I have it all on hand as well as I can’t for the life of me recall the name of the fitting that is connected to the bottom of the tank (the gray fittings in the pic) that connects the plumbing from inside of the tank to the outside of the tank. Can anyone help me out as well as give me advice on how to replace all the plumbing with an established tank like this without all the mess from the water draining? This is what some of the plumbing looks like right now and I hate it. You can see all the salt creep that has been going on since I was gone on the deployment I got some of it off before I took the pic
AA083038-41CD-4670-9DD7-17F0B284DB8F.jpeg

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bulk Head I think is what you are referring to...(grey Fitting). Get one ( I use the Schedule 80) for the size of the hole and go from there. If you are going totally all hard plumbing (I would recommend that route), then you should plan it out by using unions. They are your friends (easy for maintenance and clean-up). Also, don't forget to use plumbing tape and of course plumbing glue). It is a fairly easy process once you get started. Just plan it out (unions, colors of your pipe or the standard white from Lowes/Home Depot) and your bulk head fittings.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back