Repurposing old fish tanks

saltwaterfish.com

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2023
Messages
551
Reaction score
499
Location
Vero Beach
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you repurpose your old tanks whenever you size up or just have lost interest in the hobby. For me if the tanks are cracked I can usually keep them on hand as spare reptile or isopod tanks. I'll also offer them to local pet stores or just post them for free online to anyone who wants one. If they still hold water I'll sometimes repurpose them as sumps for my other tanks or friends tanks.
 
Do you repurpose your old tanks whenever you size up or just have lost interest in the hobby. For me if the tanks are cracked I can usually keep them on hand as spare reptile or isopod tanks. I'll also offer them to local pet stores or just post them for free online to anyone who wants one. If they still hold water I'll sometimes repurpose them as sumps for my other tanks or friends tanks.
same pretty much, with my smaller non cracked tanks I usually put them up for free or give them to someone I know, in the past I would sometimes do some freshwater micropredator tanks but stopped a while back, what kind of isopods do you keep?
 
I’ve repurposed a few of my old tanks over the years… usually converting the old display tank to sump duty under a larger new freshwater display!

These days, I’m guilty of just cutting apart any old questionable tanks I get to harvest their glass for future projects!

(Example Red Sea Reefer 525XL (G2) which had split a vertical seam; free ~5/8” thick low-iron glass!):
IMG_2032.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new