Reqiured drill bit is smaller than bulkhead

  • Thread starter Thread starter HexaReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

HexaReef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 8, 2018
Messages
256
Reaction score
283
Location
PNW
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased these 3/4 inch bulkheads for my return along with the website manufacturers required bit size of 35 mm, but when I got the bulkheads and the bit delivered to my house I quickly noticed that the drill bit is slightly smaller than the threads on the bulkhead. Is this normal or should I get a bigger drill bit? After all I'm using what the manufacturer suggest.
20200130_114000.jpg
 
usually the bit will wobble a bit, making the hole bigger, but wow that is way too small.

did you buy both items from the same company? if you did im sure they will fix it for you.
 
I would contact mfgr and ask them. I would question this also. Maybe they shipped wrong bulkheads.
 
A schedule 40 3/4” bulkhead requires a 35 mm bit, but that doesn’t look like any bulkhead I’ve ever seen for a fish tank. Perhaps it’s a schedule 80 bulkhead, in which case it needs a 41 mm bit.
 
Yup
 
That's a Schedule 80 Henkel bulkhead, what @ca1ore mentioned above is correct.
 
A schedule 40 3/4” bulkhead requires a 35 mm bit, but that doesn’t look like any bulkhead I’ve ever seen for a fish tank. Perhaps it’s a schedule 80 bulkhead, in which case it needs a 41 mm bit.
Thank you sir!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new