Required Equipment- What is yours?

fodsod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thus far, it appears the essential for many are RODI units and ATO uni

Not surprising. Anyone that has ever dealt with the hassle of 5 gallon jugs being refilled at the LFS weekly or realizing just how much water evaporates out of your tank daily had their daily aquarium upkeep life drastically improved with ATOs and RODI systems.

I'd add another item to my list and that is a good pump used for moving water from one container to another or to the aquarium during water changes made the process way more efficient and easier.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get these? What all you using them for?
I built them. I used to sell them to Marine Depot and I made thousands of them. I use them for everything from feeding to cleaning, testing picking up things etc.

Last edited:

apb03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only true must have I've come across is a Salinity checking tool that I have 100% confidence in. I bought them all, and I have trust issues.

A Milwaukee is worth every penny.

Now wrong answer here, but I find most gear items can be done without if you want to. You don't need a controller, fancy lights, a DC skimmer, etc etc, but they sure are nice to have. Must have is a different matter.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back