Rescue Squamosa

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nikita1981
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
They don’t pump when they like things. This is the point I have been trying to get across. Clams constantly flow through their in and excurrent siphons constantly. A rapid expulsion is not a sign of feeding. It expends massive amounts of energy from a very sendentary sessile animal. They have shells that weigh the majority of their body weight and giant mantle areas. They are very photosynthetic and I’m sure they feed massively on dissolved organics, but coral foods tick them off. My organics are near zero at all times as I’m certain my clams strip every molecule, my main clam weighs 5-7 lbs easily, probably more. Plus 2 gigas growing like weeds. I know what the books say and would love to explain my first hand experience to James Fatheree or anyone else. I have real deal experience across nearly 20 years. Feed if you want, but again never has it helped any of my clams over the years. A normal healthy reef ecosystem is alway the best recipe.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new