Rescued Clown Fish - Does he look okay?

PocketRiot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was driving back from out of town the other day and stopped by this pet store. They had this massive clownfish in this tiny 1gallon tank, so I bought him because I felt bad.

He's much larger than my other clownfish (which are in my QT tank as well currently). He has some white stuff around the top of his head. It just started, but I also just got a new protein skimmer so I'm not sure if maybe its just micro bubbles (he also doesn't fit in the tubes I have for hiding so I dont know if he is rubbing on that).

I have some copper coming, and a hanna checker, so I plan on dosing. But I wanted to get some feedback.

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh, that's a big fella! Love the little clown swimming around him like "what are you?? are you a lady???"

That might be a maroon clownfish? If so, he's going to get quite large (especially if he's a she), and will be very aggressive.

The white stuff just looks like maybe a scrape. He looks okay.

IMO, I wouldn't treat with copper unless you see signs of disease that would call for it. Copper treatment is pretty hard on fish, and can stress them.

OP
OP
P

PocketRiot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! It is massive! That is why I felt bad for it in the little tank :(

I didn't know it would be aggressive. I can always set up a separate tank for it if I need to. The QT is 30 gallons, but my new big tank being built is 215 gallons.

It seems to get along well with the other clownfish. They are always together, and they get into the pipe together every night to sleep.

I just wanted to make sure it was okay.
Oh, that's a big fella! Love the little clown swimming around him like "what are you?? are you a lady???"

That might be a maroon clownfish? If so, he's going to get quite large (especially if he's a she), and will be very aggressive.

The white stuff just looks like maybe a scrape. He looks okay.

IMO, I wouldn't treat with copper unless you see signs of disease that would call for it. Copper treatment is pretty hard on fish, and can stress them.

rubertoe93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not a expert on the whole clown situation but If there all added together they should be okay, although I had a gold Maroon in a previous tank and she was horrible! Always moved my frags where she wanted ect.....
However she looks like a big old girl, so just giving her a nice home for the rest of her days is a great thing to do!

Back