Rescued tang, need help on caring for.

Hoodstream

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So yesterday I stopped at a new fish store that’s a chain over here and I saw this Blue Hippo Tang baby just skin and bone. Size of a silver dollar. It kept playing dead everytime the fish it was grouped with would swim by. Poor thing looked terrified. I know they play dead when they can’t escape or find a to hide from a predator.
Got the guy and put him in my 60g currently. I own a 125 not setup that’s 6 foot long and about two feet high. Would this be suitable for when it grows bigger? I keep seeing mixed advice. I got seaweed, algae wafers, some omnivore cuisine and emerald cuisine. I really wanna get it the best life possible. I know 60g is not ideal long term but for now it’s fine. Any advice for care would be appreciated.

Edit: wanted to add the store had it discounted and when asked because they said it was extra small and appeared sickly. It was 50% off so I obviously had too. Poor lad ate so much last night I thought he was going to explode. He seemed really happy this morning .

Last edited:

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like your off to a good start. 60 gallons should be fine in the short term. I would get some Selcon to add to the seaweed. Just put a few drops on the seaweed and let it soak in before feeding.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back