Restart P4 remotely?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way to shut down (power off) the Profilux 4 remotely and restart it? I've had a couple of occasions where I lose connection for whatever reason, but when I unplug the p4 and plug it back in I have connection again. Anyone know what's going on here? I do know my wifi signal isn't the best currently. I am trying to sort that out. My router is on the 2nd story of my house and the p4 is in the basement. I'm actually amazed at how it does stay connected for the most part! Any help/suggestions?

OP
OP
WWIII

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, unrelated, why do all the ghl threads go into the marketplace feed?

coweyes298

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

coweyes298

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And as for your question in regards of connection on the first post.

I have 3 Mitras LX7, 1 doser 2.1 stand alone and P4 with doser 2.1 slave. Initially I will loose my WIFI connection to my stand alone doser and one of my Mitras. I managed to tackled this by rebooting my router. I suspected this is due to ISP problem since several of my device (from laptop to others) may loose connection once or several times a day. I either need to disconnect/reboot the device or reboot my router to get this fixed. WIFI signal strength is not the culprit here since some of my devices are really close to my router.

My display tank which has 2 LX7 and P4 with doser set is far from the router, their WIFI signal strength is around -60 dBm to -70 dBm. I added a WIFI system (mesh node) closer to my dispaly tank and now I get -40 to -50 dBm signal strength. Surprisingly I have not pump to connection lost after boosting the WIFI signal strength. I am not sure is this related to my WIFI update or improvement from ISP, but it works.

OP
OP
WWIII

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Th
And as for your question in regards of connection on the first post.

I have 3 Mitras LX7, 1 doser 2.1 stand alone and P4 with doser 2.1 slave. Initially I will loose my WIFI connection to my stand alone doser and one of my Mitras. I managed to tackled this by rebooting my router. I suspected this is due to ISP problem since several of my device (from laptop to others) may loose connection once or several times a day. I either need to disconnect/reboot the device or reboot my router to get this fixed. WIFI signal strength is not the culprit here since some of my devices are really close to my router.

My display tank which has 2 LX7 and P4 with doser set is far from the router, their WIFI signal strength is around -60 dBm to -70 dBm. I added a WIFI system (mesh node) closer to my dispaly tank and now I get -40 to -50 dBm signal strength. Surprisingly I have not pump to connection lost after boosting the WIFI signal strength. I am not sure is this related to my WIFI update or improvement from ISP, but it works.

Cool, I'm gonna try to figure out the best way to boost my signal. Not a huge deal as it's only happened a couple times, but nonetheless it could be an issue. I know first time I go out of town it's gonna happen, never fails! Like I said before, I'm amazed it stays connected at all given how far away my router is. Appreciate the insight and help!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 21.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back