Results from triton labs

Reefhaven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just got my test results back from triton. Please chime in and tell me what you think and what I need to do. Had major (all) sps dead from metal poisoning from jabeo wavemakers. Thanks!

IMG_0109.PNG
IMG_0108.PNG

greg 45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your phosphates are through the roof. I also would join the Triton group on face book . Craig Green and Tim Caldwell will help with your questions.

2una

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see no metal problems there to say the pumps were the issue - Like Jim said the salinity is too high + test that AF reefsalt your using, my guess is your also involved in the high Mg + Ca reports of it with those numbers.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just got my test results back from triton. Please chime in and tell me what you think and what I need to do. Had major (all) sps dead from metal poisoning from jabeo wavemakers. Thanks!

IMG_0109.PNG
IMG_0108.PNG
Just curious.

When you sent the test in, did you test your salinity and big-3 yourself (with the same water) to see how accurate your SG meter and so on are?

If so, does it show that your SG meter and test kits are off?

Thanks, GoVols

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Reefhaven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see no metal problems there to say the pumps were the issue - Like Jim said the salinity is too high + test that AF reefsalt your using, my guess is your also involved in the high Mg + Ca reports of it with those numbers.
I talked to my lfs and some of thier maintenance tanks same the same problem. Sps we're dying for no reason. All paremeters were good. Tanks had older jabeo wavemakers. Lfs did some research and found out that jabeo used tungsten metal for their propellers and once the coating comes off tungsten leaks into the tank. So he told me to get some cuprisorb and put into the tank.

Did a test...
Got a frag and put it into the tank within two days it died. Put the cuprisorb into the tank. Got another frag and put it into the tank and the frag is doing good.

I did hear of some AF reef salt having high batches of cal and mag. Will test the salt.

OP
OP
R

Reefhaven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way...how did you know that I was using AF reef salt?!?!?!

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do you come up with salinity / I forgot how to do this.

He has a spread sheet that calculates it. But one can easily see that it is high because all of the major cations are high (sodium, calcium, potassium, and magnesium). :)

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He has a spread sheet that calculates it. But one can easily see that it is high because all of the major cations are high (sodium, calcium, potassium, and magnesium). :)
+1
That's why I was asking OP if he tested his SG and big 3 with the (same water sample) so he could see if his SG meter is off.

Larry L

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your phosphates are through the roof.

Phosphates at 0.129 ppm being "through the roof" is a matter of opinion. One of the best shops in Denver (owner is a Reef Central Tank of the Month awardee) runs at around 0.1 ppm. My tank runs about 0.2 ppm and is doing great.

Nomadic1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's one give way (See Link) and go look at the BRS reviews that are starting to come in.

I used it for about 9 months when it first hit the USA.
I'll let this thread speak for itself. Take time to read AF Poland's last responce to their QC issues on post #69.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2605639&highlight=aquaforest

Can you elaborate on the contents of the thread? Trying to view it on RC right now, and, apparently they are having issues with their hosting.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you elaborate on the contents of the thread? Trying to view it on RC right now, and, apparently they are having issues with their hosting.
lol,
It did lock up over there and just kicked us off during a conversation. :eek:

I could elaborate but I'd rather let you digest the entire thread and post dates when RC comes back up. That was the most frustrating thread that I've ever apart of and Deep Water Aquatics miss guided me saying I could only use AF dosing products with AF or TM salt mixes.

On the upside their Component 1+ 2+ 3+ is a great product. :)

I'm not here to bad mouth AF but I'm a r2r member and I'm going to be fully honest to to my findings so fellow reefs can be on the look out and make their own decisions.

Regards, GoVols

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back