Retro 180G rebuild

Fullion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!
I aquired a 180G all glass euro braced tank/stand/sump setup a couple years ago and have been slowly working on rebuilding/upgrading it. So far have I have massively upgraded the cabinet lighting, added in storage cupboards in both ends of the stand for equipment, and added a few layers on heavy oil based paint to a custom built pressure treated wood stand.

As for the tank I won't be doing much to it other than replacing and re-doing all of the plumbing. And here lies my first dilema, what to do with the overflow setup. The original plumbing had a giant glass with acrylic sheets siliconed to creat a baffled box inside the tank and then twin 2" MPT bulkheads exiting the tank and down to the sump. Problem I am having now is figuring out how to do the overflow box in the tank as I would love to have a slimmer shadow style overflow box and the twin 2.5" holes are side by side but offset up and down so the common available baffle boxes wont work due to being too short. As shown in picture. I will most likely be going with a glass panel box behind the tank with holes for a bean animal style drain.

Anyone have any other ideas?

20210119_140112[1].jpg

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will most likely be going with a glass panel box behind the tank with holes for a bean animal style drain.
I think this will be your best option.
The other option would be to plug/patch the holes and drill new ones

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and howdy, bienvenue

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 4.3%
Back