Return Line Spout - Syphon Stopper

cdfjr1975

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone use this product from custom aquarium and if so was it on their tank or a hole you already drilled?

Just getting ideas on what to attach to the bulkhead inside the tank so any advice, even if not with this product would be appreciated.

rabbithazen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually just drill a hole in the bottom of my return lines just after the bulk head in the tank. A 1/8th drill bit is perfect.

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My return comes out right at water level. I raise it as high as I can without a lot of noise. This gives some nice rippling of water at the surface, for a nice shimmering light effect. It also means that it will suck in air quickly, before draining much out of the tank.

jaws789832

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just make sure my sump can handle any and all water that can backflow. This includes the syphon from the return lines and the water that spills over the overflow. Doing this will save you a lot of headaches in the future when the anti-syphon device or backflow preventer fails (which over time it is bound to).

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I definitely test my setup over and over before I even trust it enough to leave the house. WIth my current Apex setup, I can go to feed mode which cuts off return pump and skimmer, feed fish, and leave house...with confidence it will start back up properly. The plumbing does the same thing every time it shuts down or starts up.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 80 72.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.6%
Back