Return plans - Loc-line bits, need a shopping list

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks,

I'm plumbing a new tank and needing some advice on what to buy for the return bits. I have most of the plumbing sorted out, but what I'm not sure on is what Loc-line pieces do I need to buy for a dual output return setup(single return pump). On BRS I can see all the different pieces, I'm just not sure what all I need for the 2 return outputs. Basically I'm planning to run 1" pipe from my return pump to a T, then split to returns on either back corner of the tank. Was planning on keeping everything 1", unless that's a bad idea. Another important note - I'm planning on running the returns over the back of the tank instead of drilling more holes.

If anyone has a shopping list/guide please help a guy out :)

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just make sure to get the right loc line to bulkhead connector then you can use a Y and the normal pieces, plus whatever nozzle you prefer. I know you aren't using a bulkead, but it is still the piece that will connect the actual loc line to whatever pipe you are using.

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks,

I'm plumbing a new tank and needing some advice on what to buy for the return bits. I have most of the plumbing sorted out, but what I'm not sure on is what Loc-line pieces do I need to buy for a dual output return setup(single return pump). On BRS I can see all the different pieces, I'm just not sure what all I need for the 2 return outputs. Basically I'm planning to run 1" pipe from my return pump to a T, then split to returns on either back corner of the tank. Was planning on keeping everything 1", unless that's a bad idea. Another important note - I'm planning on running the returns over the back of the tank instead of drilling more holes.

If anyone has a shopping list/guide please help a guy out :)
If you can keep everything at 1" that's more ideal if your goal is to maximize volume on your return. Especially considering you are only using one return pump and splitting, if you kept your loc line @ 1" that would help. Asking for a canned list is kinda far fetched as everyone's set up is pretty specific. Just follow the sizes. Get elbows and a T fitting and pipe all in 1". The loc line will have a male npt threaded end so you'll need two female threaded fittings of the same size for the end of your return lines. I think BRS only sells up to 3/4" loc line. VCA sells an equivalent 1" version however. You could even do a 'Y' loc line fitting and split each return into two nozzles at the end.

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back