Return Plumbing on Rimless Tanks

  • Thread starter Thread starter Protodad
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Protodad

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2020
Messages
304
Reaction score
157
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I’m getting an ADA tank this weekend and planning my (drilled) overflow. I have a few options to choose from but none of them seem to address return plumbing.

While I can drill the tank on the back and run a return separately, I was wondering if anyone knew of a clean overflow+return combination.

The tank is 4’ long and I would prefer a smaller overflow drilled through the back vs a tall overflow drilled through the bottom. That said, I’m used to the redsea style return where the overflow and return are all integrated.

Thanks in advance.
 
1605800360041.png
 
Check out what planet tanks use for their overflow and return for their rimless tanks. It looks pretty slick.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new