Return pump advice please

  • Thread starter Thread starter SteveO83
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SteveO83

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 30, 2014
Messages
434
Reaction score
167
Location
Clermont,fl
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking into a in sump return pump for my 40b project. Have a 700ghp overflow kit and 1/2" return kit coming from glass holes. Head height will be around 4.5'. Anyone have suggestions? Used mag drive on my last tank
 
All depend on budget...

But either of the ones below should work...
  • Jeabo DC3000 (792 GPH)
  • Sicce Syncra Silent 3.0 Pump (714 GPH)
I would go with Sicce, but that's my opinion.
 
143mpco have you used the sicce pumps? I can't seem to find many reviews on them. looking for reliable and quiet.

All depend on budget...

But either of the ones below should work...
  • Jeabo DC3000 (792 GPH)
  • Sicce Syncra Silent 3.0 Pump (714 GPH)
I would go with Sicce, but that's my opinion.[/QUOTE
 
Jeabo DC3000 (792 GPH)

+1 for a Jabeo pump......but I'd consider the new models with a DCT label (not just DC). I believe the smallest DCT is the DCT 4000. What's great about these pumps is that they are very quiet, slow starters, controllable, and energy efficient, putting little heat into the water.
 
143mpco have you used the sicce pumps? I can't seem to find many reviews on them. looking for reliable and quiet.
Yes, I have one in my wife's nano, it runs cool and as long as the rubber feet stay on very quiet, megs IMO seem to always run a little on the warm side.

I had two mags a 7 and 9 but both heated the water up more than I would have liked, ok in a 50yr old home with drafts everywhere in the winter time, but summer was a different story!
 
just an fyi;), use the "@" in front of anyones user ID and they get an almost instant system generated notification via user preferences.

That helps the person you asked the question or sent info to know you addressed something to them:D
 
I'm thinking of getting the jabeo dct 8000 for my 150gal extra high ....

They are ok pumps at a great price point, as with anything in this hobby it always pays to have redundancy so you might want to consider, not that it's a must, a spare.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. I will check out all suggested
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new