Return pump advice

  • Thread starter Thread starter angsess
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

angsess

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 27, 2026
Messages
54
Reaction score
30
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am soon to be the proud owner of a fijicube 57 gallon ext. It is a dual return. It comes with the fiji-20 sump. The sump has one bulkhead into the return chamber. Should I be running 2 return pumps or one and splitting the output? If I need to run 2, how would it be plumbed? What pump or pumps should I be looking at?
 
Congratulations on your new tank! We can't wait to see photos as you make a little progress. 🐠🐟🐡
 
I run all jebao dcp pumps. No Wi-Fi or cool app they just work. They're quiet, reliable and cheap enough I buy two an have a back up. They have a manual controller for speed and it has a feed button which is all I need on a return pump.
 
Congratulations on your new tank! We can't wait to see photos as you make a little progress. 🐠🐟🐡
I am excited. I have a 15 gallon cube that has been running almost 2 months now.
c2976284-58a1-4955-aa76-89a01072f7af.jpeg
 
I run all jebao dcp pumps. No Wi-Fi or cool app they just work. They're quiet, reliable and cheap enough I buy two an have a back up. They have a manual controller for speed and it has a feed button which is all I need on a return pump.
Is the 2400 enough at 660 gph or should I get the 3500?
 
Last edited:
Is the 2400 enough at 660 gph or should I get the 3500?
Not sure about your tank. Usually if it's a system the manufacturer will have the max flow rating. I shoot for a little more than that since I can dial the pump down. I like more vs less as long as I can adjust it down like DC pump.

PS I ran a 3500 on my reefer 170 which was about 55g and I ran a 5000 on my reefer 300 which was about 80g
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 23.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new