Return Pump for 75g- non drilled tank

Dani305

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont mind me if Im using wrong termination, or butchering something... still a newb!

75 gallon tank that I got used. Looking to replace the pump... I dont know what I have in there now.

I found the Sicce Syncra Silent 3.0

I was doing some reading, and seems like theres a few people who say it should turn the tank 8 times. If that were the only rule then I would think thats okay.

Concern is ... since we dont have a drilled tank... we have this....I dont know what its called - so heres a photo.

fgdgd.jpg

Will the Sicce 3.0 that I have picked out be pulling too much water from the tank? ...with the flow coming FROM the tank to the SUMP to low?

I hope that makes sense! Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

OP
OP
Dani305

Dani305

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. While you can't adjust the speed on that model of Sicce, you can adjust the water intake rate on the front of the pump to fine-tune the flow rate.
Thank you! Okay so in that case, Im okay with purchasing this unit? Would you suggest going smaller?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Okay so in that case, Im okay with purchasing this unit? Would you suggest going smaller?
I don't know the size of your tank, but I aim for 3-5x in my 160-gallon (more flow is always better of course). If you go to Sicce's website and look up the pump model you're looking at, you'll find a flow chart down the left side.

Then figure out your vertical plumbing height (90-degree bends counts as 1') and look at the revised flow rate. That's what you can roughly expect from that pump in terms of a revised flow rate.

OP
OP
Dani305

Dani305

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know the size of your tank, but I aim for 3-5x in my 160-gallon (more flow is always better of course). If you go to Sicce's website and look up the pump model you're looking at, you'll find a flow chart down the left side.

Then figure out your vertical plumbing height (90-degree bends counts as 1') and look at the revised flow rate. That's what you can roughly expect from that pump in terms of a revised flow rate.
I have a 75gallon. I went on their website and I dont see any type of flow chart. I did see that they used to have a link : http://sicceus.com/pdf/Choosing_a_pump_sic.pdf which is no longer active. I found that on R2R.

My bf did all the piping for the tank so I guess we have to look at that? I think I might just have to task him with this whole part because I really dont understand. lol We have a straight PVC that goes down from the tank, then an elbow to drop the water over the filter socks. I dont even know whats going on, on the other side! :dizzy-face:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 48 82.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.2%
Back