Return pump issue

  • Thread starter Thread starter usc_lax9
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

usc_lax9

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 22, 2014
Messages
63
Reaction score
4
Location
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0434.jpg

I'm away on vacation and got a text message from my house sitter that the tank was cloudy and full of bubbles. I got some pictures and determined it was from the return pump or something in the sump. My water level in the sump is well above the return pump. Any help is greatly appreciated so I can relay that to my house sitter
 
I usually would see that when the water level is low. If they send you a shot and its not then maybe there is an air leak in the line and air is getting in?
I got my ATO setup every since so this doesnt happen to me anymore.
Cheap 10 gal tank for $10 and Tunze ATO from Amazon
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new