Return pump issues - looking for advice on replacement

MastaMind82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Current-USA DC EFlux 1,050 gph return pump and over the last couple days it has been fluctuating on it's flow rate. I am currently reaching out to the company for support. I unfortunately am having an uneasy feeling about the product as a whole. So, I am reaching out to you all for suggestions on another brand that you are happy with (I can hold onto my current pump as an emergency backup). Some things I am looking for in a return pump:
  • DC / Variable speed
  • A "feed mode" option would be nice
  • Standalone controller (I don't have an apex or anything like that)
  • Reliable :)
Thank you all for any help you can offer, I will be away the majority of the day so my replies might not come until later today (unless I'm not that busy at work).

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jebao return pumps are good for the price and are reliable as long as you perform proper maintenance on it. Then again, that goes for all reefing equipment.

Also nice thing about Jebao is that you can buy 2 for the price of a Higher end pump, and keep one as a spare too.

OP
OP
MastaMind82

MastaMind82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jebao return pumps are good for the price and are reliable as long as you perform proper maintenance on it. Then again, that goes for all reefing equipment.

Also nice thing about Jebao is that you can buy 2 for the price of a Higher end pump, and keep one as a spare too.
Thank you I will check that one out.

R.Weller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second the Jebao returns (using 4 in our system). We have the system setup with dual returns because everything fails eventually. Each pump is running approx 30%. We increase flow on one when maintenance is required on the other. This is pretty rare. I was surprised by the quality of the construction the first time I dissembled.

In terms of reliability, going on 3 years with one of the pumps with no issues. Others have had 1+ year & 8 months in service with minor issue that I caused on 1 pump. After some adjustments to our system, that was resolved. We are pleased with the results.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back