Return pump question??

badstorm48

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
400
Reaction score
107
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm putting a sump together and was wondering what would be a good return pump. I am getting eshopps nano sump from marine depot and I figured there would be a 4 ft raise from where the sump would be to the top of the tank. I have a 20 gallon high tank. I was looking at the sicce syncra silent pump. I'm guessing for what the height of my tank I would need the 1.5 model that has a high of 357 gph, but at a 4 ft rise I'm guessing about 200 to high 190 gph. Or would it be better to get the 1.0 that does 251 gph at 4 ft rise would probably be around 150 maybe lower gph. I'm open for suggestions and opinions I just want to make sure what I'm thinking is right or wrong.

I have a hob filter now, but want a sump cause I believe it's way better for the tank. The filter puts out 110 gph. Seems to do good. I can always put power heads in the tank to make a stronger current. So, that's why I'm leaning towards the 1.0 model cause it should put out about 30 to 40 more gph than what I have now and it's cheaper.

I don't know what do y'all think?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new