Return Pump Size - Syncra SDC

wunderlong88

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2021
Messages
236
Reaction score
85
Location
Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ordered a Planet Aquarium 180 gal. Planning to use a 40 or 50 gallon sump. I figure system volume will be somewhere around 200-210 gallons.

I want to use 2 Syncra SDC return pumps. After watching BRSTV's rec's on pump sizing and turnover rate and splitting between 2 smaller pumps instead of 1 pump. I am thinking I want about 3x turnover rate so 1.5-2x for each pump. My head height is about 65" plus whatever I lose in plumbing turns, etc.

So do I need two of the 6.0 or two of the 3.0? I even wondered if one 6.0 and 1 3.0 was an option, if two 3.0's aren't enough? I am trying to be as cost effect as I can with these pumps. I wasn't clear how to read their chart for head height/gph.

Thanks,

Linda
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new