Return pump suggestion

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help picking a return pump. I will be running a 300 max gph hob overflow and will need to pump 3ft vertically. This will only be set up for a year or so before upgrading so I am not looking for anything fancy or expensive.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the sicce pumps. This one would be a good fit for you. Otherwise I used this pump as well for a while before I transferred to my drilled tank and got the sicce and still have it for a backup if my sicce should ever fail.

OP
OP
P

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the sicce pumps. This one would be a good fit for you. Otherwise I used this pump as well for a while before I transferred to my drilled tank and got the sicce and still have it for a backup if my sicce should ever fail.

I use a sicce on my Reefer and really like it, but I need help figuring out which one I would need after factoring head loss (something I have not been able to figure out how to do accurately...). Would I be able to get away with the 1.0 (251 gph) or would I need the 1.5 (357 gph)? I don't need tons of flow through my sump, but would still like a moderate amount.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a sicce on my Reefer and really like it, but I need help figuring out which one I would need after factoring head loss (something I have not been able to figure out how to do accurately...). Would I be able to get away with the 1.0 (251 gph) or would I need the 1.5 (357 gph)? I don't need tons of flow through my sump, but would still like a moderate amount.
With head loss I'd still do the 357

DesertReefT4r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sicce are great pumps and dont break the bank. I am happy with my Jebao DC5000. Mag Drive and Ehiem are work horses and run forever.

OP
OP
P

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any experience with the rio 1100? It's about half the price of the sicce with similar flow. Again I only need this to last a year or so.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any experience with the rio 1100? It's about half the price of the sicce with similar flow. Again I only need this to last a year or so.

I owned a rio protein skimmer i threw away after 3 weeks? I actually wanted to break it with a hammer, but restrained myself.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back