Return to the Hobby.

wingman47

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
In the process of coming back to the hobby (obsession ). Going small with a 600 cube tank. I would like a simple mixed tank to help keep my grandson entertained, but want to keep it simple ( basic ). I would like to start with a fleece filter roller and run an Algae Turf Scrubber UAS® ATS Aquarium Filter Chaeto Reactor Skimmer because of space constraints. Any tips or advice gratefully received, things have changed quite a bit since my last venture into marines.
Best Wishes and a Happy New Year .... Jim

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
In the process of coming back to the hobby (obsession ). Going small with a 600 cube tank. I would like a simple mixed tank to help keep my grandson entertained, but want to keep it simple ( basic ). I would like to start with a fleece filter roller and run an Algae Turf Scrubber UAS® ATS Aquarium Filter Chaeto Reactor Skimmer because of space constraints. Any tips or advice gratefully received, things have changed quite a bit since my last venture into marines.

Hi Jim and Welcome! Glad you joined. Defer to others as my setup now seems simple since you're asking about fleece filter rollers / turf scrubbers. I do use a skimmer and do have a basic refugium with macroalgaes.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I wish I had begun thread while still in planning stages. Instead, I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

BreadReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
Hi Jim,

Welcome to the r2r forums, I recently joined as well. Good luck with your new venture!!

Best

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back

Hi All,
Welcome to R2R.JPG

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back