Return Tubing for 13.5 EVO

jfoahs04

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 2, 2021
Messages
804
Reaction score
1,313
Location
Boston
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size is it and what is everyone using as a replacement/upgrade? I bought my tank used and am looking to upgrade the stock pump. Turns out the previous owner super glued the tubing to the the pump and there are several holes (I have no idea why) in it. Links would be appreciated it, I can't seem to find anything on Fluval website and I'm not sure the stuff I'm finding on Amazon is the right stuff.
 
First you need to figure out what you're replacing the stock pump with. Depending on that you'll need a straight length of tubing to connect to the return outlet or you may need an adapter.
Wouldn't it still need to fit the stock elbow connection?

I have a dirt cheap Vivosun 210 gph return that I bought as a backup. The Vivosun has several adapters and I think one would fit the diameter of the stock return tube. The problem is that the pump is more compact than the stock pump and I'd have to cut the tube even shorter, so the Vivosun would be sort of suspended rather than sitting on the bottom. I'd like to get something a little better than that to serve as my main pump, I am just sort of operating under the assumption that it would either come with an adaptor or I'd need to grab one anyway because of the elbow connection. I was leaning toward the Sicce 0.5.
 
I added a Sicce Silent 0.5. It had two hose adapters and one fit perfectly. It was either 1/2" or 3/4". I don't know if that helps you or not, but it's all I have.
Thanks, it looks like one of the adapters for the Vivosun would fit perfectly too. I'm guessing this is pretty standard size tubing (Fluval doesn't even bother selling a replacement of it). I'd just love to know exactly what it is so I can order some haha.
 
Thanks, it looks like one of the adapters for the Vivosun would fit perfectly too. I'm guessing this is pretty standard size tubing (Fluval doesn't even bother selling a replacement of it). I'd just love to know exactly what it is so I can order some haha.
You can take the adapter to the hardware store and see hose what fits
 
Just wanted to post an update - I wrote to Fluval asking to know the size of the return tube. Instead of answering the question, they just mailed me a new tube. I'm certainly not angry about getting a freebie (though it would also have been nice to get some specs). +1 for above and beyond customer service.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new