Return Tubing for 13.5 EVO

jfoahs04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size is it and what is everyone using as a replacement/upgrade? I bought my tank used and am looking to upgrade the stock pump. Turns out the previous owner super glued the tubing to the the pump and there are several holes (I have no idea why) in it. Links would be appreciated it, I can't seem to find anything on Fluval website and I'm not sure the stuff I'm finding on Amazon is the right stuff.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First you need to figure out what you're replacing the stock pump with. Depending on that you'll need a straight length of tubing to connect to the return outlet or you may need an adapter.

OP
OP
jfoahs04

jfoahs04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First you need to figure out what you're replacing the stock pump with. Depending on that you'll need a straight length of tubing to connect to the return outlet or you may need an adapter.
Wouldn't it still need to fit the stock elbow connection?

I have a dirt cheap Vivosun 210 gph return that I bought as a backup. The Vivosun has several adapters and I think one would fit the diameter of the stock return tube. The problem is that the pump is more compact than the stock pump and I'd have to cut the tube even shorter, so the Vivosun would be sort of suspended rather than sitting on the bottom. I'd like to get something a little better than that to serve as my main pump, I am just sort of operating under the assumption that it would either come with an adaptor or I'd need to grab one anyway because of the elbow connection. I was leaning toward the Sicce 0.5.

OP
OP
jfoahs04

jfoahs04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a Sicce Silent 0.5. It had two hose adapters and one fit perfectly. It was either 1/2" or 3/4". I don't know if that helps you or not, but it's all I have.
Thanks, it looks like one of the adapters for the Vivosun would fit perfectly too. I'm guessing this is pretty standard size tubing (Fluval doesn't even bother selling a replacement of it). I'd just love to know exactly what it is so I can order some haha.

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, it looks like one of the adapters for the Vivosun would fit perfectly too. I'm guessing this is pretty standard size tubing (Fluval doesn't even bother selling a replacement of it). I'd just love to know exactly what it is so I can order some haha.
You can take the adapter to the hardware store and see hose what fits

OP
OP
jfoahs04

jfoahs04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to post an update - I wrote to Fluval asking to know the size of the return tube. Instead of answering the question, they just mailed me a new tube. I'm certainly not angry about getting a freebie (though it would also have been nice to get some specs). +1 for above and beyond customer service.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.9%
Back