Returning Fish to LFS

wenliu51

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

When do you decide when it's time to return the fish to the store? And that you are unable to keep it?

I bought a Purple Queen Anthias yesterday. I did not realize this was a more fragile fish than other Anthias. It would not eat, sank to the bottom behind the air sponge. I had this happen before to a Dwarf Bicolor Angel and I did not want to make the same mistake by keeping a stressed out/unhappy fish for too long under my care. After 24 hours in my QT in hyposalinity (same as LFS), I decided to take it back.

It definitely looked much more chipper in the car ride than in my QT
20201008_120922.jpg

20201008_120925.jpg

stylolvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about this. I (we all??) have made the impulse buy that went sideways. Always good to know what you want, research before buying to prevent this. But, I'm as guilty as anyone. What did the LFS have to say?

OP
OP
wenliu51

wenliu51

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about this. I (we all??) have made the impulse buy that went sideways. Always good to know what you want, research before buying to prevent this. But, I'm as guilty as anyone. What did the LFS have to say?
I've done research on Anthias in general and anticipated buying one, but didn't realize a Purple Queen was on a higher level of care. LFS understood and took it back, they have a 48 hour live guarantee but I think they took it back as a return for credit because they know me. They also allow this if your fish shows aggression to new fish, etc. I'm just happy that I made the decision to return and don't feel that burden lol

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Purple queens are more reactive to water quality and can be finicky feeders. An acclimation box may help her adjust but sort of a gamble. Lyretails do best

stylolvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've done research on Anthias in general and anticipated buying one, but didn't realize a Purple Queen was on a higher level of care. LFS understood and took it back, they have a 48 hour live guarantee but I think they took it back as a return for credit because they know me. They also allow this if your fish shows aggression to new fish, etc. I'm just happy that I made the decision to return and don't feel that burden lol
Glad to hear it worked out!

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!! I'm very close to you and the Anthias was from LAX Aquarium. They have a handful more Purple Queens, reasonably priced at $39.99 and also running a 15% discount this week :)
Cool, I’ll go check out hem out, haven’t been there in a while. thanks! Take care and happy reefing!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 79 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back