Returning NYC Reefer

sandybottom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings fellow reefers!

I got into reefing back in the mid 90’s and took a long hiatus after college due to work commitments. I later intended to start a RSM 130d in 2013 which got back burnered…again, due to work. Tank had been sitting in storage for quite time.

Ultimately, the start of the pandemic afforded me plenty of time to finally get things going, although I had to relearn and retool having been out of the hobby for so long. Wow what changes! It’s certainly been fun playing catch-up.

My mixed reef RSM 130d w/ Steve’s LEDs has been doing great since March 2020 with several Rose BTA’s, SPS, LPS and nano friendly fish including a mated pair of occelaris clowns. I have since decided to upgrade to a Red Sea Reefer 200xl and will be working on transferring all the livestock over in the next couple of weeks. I may have to start a build thread to track progress!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings fellow reefers!

I got into reefing back in the mid 90’s and took a long hiatus after college due to work commitments. I later intended to start a RSM 130d in 2013 which got back burnered…again, due to work. Tank had been sitting in storage for quite time.

Ultimately, the start of the pandemic afforded me plenty of time to finally get things going, although I had to relearn and retool having been out of the hobby for so long. Wow what changes! It’s certainly been fun playing catch-up.

My mixed reef RSM 130d w/ Steve’s LEDs has been doing great since March 2020 with several Rose BTA’s, SPS, LPS and nano friendly fish including a mated pair of occelaris clowns. I have since decided to upgrade to a Red Sea Reefer 200xl and will be working on transferring all the livestock over in the next couple of weeks. I may have to start a build thread to track progress!

Welcome and welcome back to hobby! Glad you joined. Like riding a bike, it will come back to you quick

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back