Returning

salap

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 14, 2025
Messages
1
Reaction score
17
Location
Switzerland
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

My name is Alex and I am from Switzerland.
I stopped the hobby around 20 years ago and now getting back into it. My aquarium has been waiting in the basement for 20 years to be used again, so I will first do a leak test this weekend before deciding on how to proceed 😅.
In the meantime, I'm reading everything I can get my hands on to refresh my knowledge. I'm curious to see what has changed over the last 20 years!

Cheers
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef, Alex!
A lot has changed in the last 20 years, but that doesn't mean you have to follow all modern approaches. A decently sized tank with a lot of rocks and a slow start with a "long" ugly phase is still a great way to start a beautiful tank.

Enjoy being back into the hobby :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new